Sunday, November 28, 2010

WE'RE TOTALLY OPEN!!

Also, we've topped 200 fans on Facebook. Life is good. The grand opening was a smashing success, despite the crappy weather. Lots of people, lots of sales, and lots of yarn-ball cupcakes (thanks to Brandi, Ashley and Patti).

We couldn't have asked for a better turn-out.

Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving! I'm still eating left-overs, and that's fine by me, because I need all the time I can get for knitting store samples. The current project is a pair of fingerless mitts in Tibetan Wool/Silk by Himalaya Yarns. It's an aran weight yarn (although Ravelry lists it as bulky??!) and is working up well on size 9's. I like the feel of it in my hands- the wool does not feel scratchy and the silky bits slip right through my fingers. It comes in eleven different colors, all earthy and understated (although there are a couple- magenta and black come to mind- that pop a bit more than the others) and the silk is the same you know from Recycled Silk fame. The whole thing creates a lovely tweedy look with some shiny interesting bits. The pattern I'm using is a free one from Ravelry, although I totally mixed it around for a different look. Here's the Rhinebeck or Bust Wristers Ravelry page.

They should be all knit up and finished by the time we re-open on Wednesday (we're closed Mondays and Tuesdays). We'll see you then for open knitting from 4:30-6:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment